National Winners, 2014 NAMCYA Traditional Music Ensemble
Competition (Category B) held on October 15, 2014 at the Cultural
Center of the Philippines:
1. Bentangan High School Cultural Ensemble, Arumanen Manobo - Region XII
2. DepEd Bulacan Performing Arts Group, Tagalog - Region III
3. Kinag-aw, Maeng/Itneg-Tinguian - Cordillera Autonomous Region
4. Pantuyan National High School Mandaya Cultural Ensemble, Mandaya - Region XI
5. Sabay Ensemble, Subanen - Region IX
6. Sibol Theatre Arts, Maranao - Region X
2014 NAMCYA SEMI-FINALISTS
NAMCYA Secretary-General Renato B. Lucas, in partnership with the National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA), the Cultural Center of the Philippines (CCP) and the Department of Education (DepED), presents the Semi-Finalists for this year's competitions in Choir, Rondalla, Guitar, Piano, Trombone, Trumpet, and Voice.
The Regional Center (Semi-finals) Level will be held September 20 for the Mindanao regional cluster, September 27 for the Visayas regional cluster, October 4 for North Luzon regional cluster, and October 11, 12 and 18 for Metro Manila, Central and South Luzon regional clusters.
Saturday, September 20 - Regional Center IV Competitions
Bulwagang Panglalawigan, Government Center, Mankilam, Tagum City
Saturday, September 27 - Regional Center III Competitions
Civic Center, Zamora cor. Zulueta St. Silay City
Saturday, October 4 - Regional Center I Competitions
Solano East Central School & SPED Center, Bonifacio St, Solano, Nueva Vizcaya
Saturday, October 11 - Regional Center II Competitions
Choir Competition - 10:00 AM, Abelardo Hall Auditorium, College of Music, U.P. Diliman, Quezon City
Voice Competition - 10:00 AM, Aldaba Hall Auditorium, 3rd Flr. University Theater, U.P. Diliman, Quezon City
Sunday, October 12 - Regional Center II Competition
Piano Competition - 10:00 AM, Abelardo Hall Auditorium, College of Music, U.P. Diliman, Quezon City
Saturday, October 18 - Regional Center II Competitions
Guitar Competition - 10:00 AM, Aldaba Hall Auditorium, 3rd Flr. University Theater, U.P. Diliman, Quezon City
Trombone Competition - 10:30 AM, Aldaba Hall Auditorium, 3rd Flr. University Theater, U.P. Diliman, Quezon City
Trumpet Competition - 11:15 AM, Aldaba Hall Auditorium, 3rd Flr. University Theater, U.P. Diliman, Quezon City
Choir, Category B - Mixed Voices
1. Bacolod City National High School Youth Choir, Cond. Easter Candiasan - Region VI
2. BPHSCA Himig Kuliglig, Cond. Gladys Gutierrez - Region IV-A
3. Canossa Glee Club, Cond. Leila Liezel Villostas - Region IV-A
4. La Filipina National High School Voxunito Chorale, Cond. Eduardo Geronimo Jr. - Region XI
5. Ligao National High School (LNHS) Voice Chorale, Cond. Celger Venzon - Region V
6. Manila Science High School Chorale, Cond. Alfie Abella - NCR
7. Muntinlupa Science High School Chorale, Cond. Ivy Rose Casiguran-Puri - NCR
8. Musica Paulinos, Cond. Jeffrey Buensuceso - NCR
9. STEFTI Youth Choir, Cond. Jose Emmanuel Aquino - Region VIII
10. Tinig Ensemble Choir, Cond. Jhovanie Sebastian - Region XI
11. University of the Philippines Rural High School Glee Club, Cond. Marife Rebutar - Region IV-A
Choir, Category B - Equal Voices
1. Boscorale, Cond. Alvin Paulin - NCR
2. Camaya-an National High School Choir, Cond. Mia Marie Biliran - Region VII
3. Cebu Normal University Youth Choir, Cond. Nino James Banares - Region VII
4. The Davao Girls Choir, Cond. Elena Barradas-Gementiza - Region XI
5. Ilocos Norte National High School - SPA Youth Choir, Cond. Sherween Frez Cabrales - Region I
6. League of Young Voices Tagum City National Comprehensive High School Choir, Cond. Juanito Garcia -
7. St. Paul College Pasig High School Chorale, Cond. Sheila Marie Fetalvero - NCR
8. St. Scholastica's Academy Marikina High School Glee Club, Cond. Danilo Monte Jr. - NCR
Rondalla, Category A
1. Aniweng na Cuerdas Rondalla, Cond. Reynan Ayento - Region I
2. BCES Rondalla, Cond. Rafaelito Cachula - CARAGA
3. Colawin Elementary School Rondalla, Cond. Harry James Lucero - Region VII
4. Enverga University Rondalla, Cond. Michael Vincent Tolentino - Region IV-A
5. ETCS II Children's Rondalla Group A, Cond. Antonio Pioquinto Jr. - Region VI
6. ETCS II Children's Rondalla Group B, Cond. Jasper Maguad - Region VI
7. The Golden Plectrum, Cond. Ryan Booc - CARAGA
8. LCES Rondalla, Cond. Zosimo Pormento - Region XII
9. Lucban District Children's Rondalla, Cond. Isidro Obmasca Jr. - Region IV-A
10. Lucena West I Rondalla Ensemble, Cond. Maria Andrea Adao - Region IV-A
11. Lutucan Central Children's Rondalla, Cond. Lorena Bisco - Region IV-A
12. Magugpo Pilot Central Elementary School Rondalla, Cond. Angelina Gevila - Region XI
13. Mauban South District Children's Rondalla, Cond. Ro-ann Casimiro - Region IV-A
14. Naga Central School I, Cond. Ma. Theresa Serilo - Region V
15. Pardo Elementary School Dancing Rondalla, Cond. Maria Sampaguita Buenconsejo - Region VII
16. San Isidro Community Rondalla, Cond. Benito Tagasa Jr. - Region II
17. Sariaya Community Rondalla (SCR), Cond. Herbert Perez - Region IV-A
18. Tayabas West Central School - I Rondalla, Cond. Ryan Chester Manzanares - Region IV-A
19. Timoteo Paez Elementary School Rondalla, Cond. Leonardo Bruno Jr. - NCR
20. Urdaneta I Central School Rondalla Ensemble, Cond. Dyzon Pesquera - Region I
The National Music Competitions for Young Artists (NAMCYA) Foundation, Inc. is launching the 2014 Competitions for Guitar, Piano, Trombone, Trumpet, Voice, Choir, Rondalla and Traditional Music Ensembles.
The general guidelines, specific rules and regulations as well as Application Forms are now accessible online for all interested parties.
For inquiries, please call the numbers listed in the guidelines or email the NAMCYA Secretariat at email@example.com. Deadline for submission and receipt of Application Packets is on August 8, 2014, except for the Traditional Music Ensembles Competition which is on October 10, 2014.
The Cultural Center of the Philippines in cooperation with the UST Conservatory of Music will be presenting Inna Montesclaros in a concert on the 12th of August at the CCP Little Theater.
She will be performing the following pieces:
Chopin Etudes Op. 25 no. 7 & no. 5
Debussy Etude Pour les Octaves
Beethoven Piano Sonata No.26, Op.81a "Les Adieux"
Franck Sonata for Violin and Piano with guest artist Gina Medina-Perez
Liszt Sonetto 104 del Petrarca
Concert begins at 7:30 p.m.
The Cultural Center of the Philippines opens its doors to early career ballet dancers, choreographers, ballet masters, ballet school participants and their supporters from different parts of the country to participate and compete in the 1st CCP National Ballet Competition on November 5-8, 2014.
Click here to download competition guidelines and application form.
Congratulations to the Novo Concertante Manila, Prof. Arwin Q. Tan, conductor, for winning the Grand Prix
at the 49th Miedzynarodowy Festiwal Piesni Choralnej in
Poland, on June 22 - 27, 2014.
Prof. Tan is Chairman of the 2014 National Music Competitions for Young Artists (NAMCYA) Choir competition.
The National Music Competitions for Young Artists (NAMCYA) Foundation, Inc. extends its deepest condolences to the family, as well as the musical community, of Maestro Oscar C. Yatco [former Music Director and Conductor Emeritus, Philippine Philharmonic Orchestra; former Music Director and Conductor, Manila Symphony Orchestra; Teacher and Friend].
From: Ms. Veronica Tapia-Merk, Chairperson
NAMCYA Board Trustees and its members
Mr. Renato B. Lucas, Secretary General
Ms. Luz Corazon R. Roque, Program Director